- PhD, University of Minnesota, 2020
- MS, University of Minnesota, 2018
- BS, Brigham Young University – Idaho, 2014
Jared is an Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist in Barley Agronomy at the University of Idaho. He researches sustainable irrigated and dryland barley production strategies with emphasis on soil nutrient management for yield, end-use quality (malt, feed and food), plant health, and soil and water quality.
Doctoral thesis: Fate Of Pre-Plant And Split-Applied 15Nitrogen Enriched Urea In Corn
Awards and Honors
- George Rehm Nutrient Management Fellowship, 2019. (1 of 2 awards)
- College of Food, Agriculture, and Natural Resource Science Graduate Student Board Professional Development Grant, 2018; 2019.
- Minnesota’s Discovery, Research, and InnoVation Economy Global Food Ventures Fellowship, 2018-2019. (1 of 8 awards)
- Hueg-Harrison Fellowship, 2018-2019. (1 of 2 awards)
- Minnesota Association of Professional Soil Scientists Scholarship, 2015; 2019. (1 of 2 awards)
- Baker Kuehnast Travel Scholarship, 2018.